Friday, December 21, 2012

Gun Control 

president Zero says he wants to have a dialogue on gun control.  Like most of his dialogues, this means, you and I need to agree with him or else.  The "or else" varies per application...see TARP, HARP, ObamaCare, Fiscal Cliff ..."negotiations".  

Yes, president Zero "negotiates" like a whiny teenager. He has the press carrying his baggage on this. Appointed that great intellect Joe Biden to head the search for a "solution". The MSM's have had their collective underwear in a bunch since the Sandy Hook incident.  They have the answer. We, i.e. you and I, are idiots and just need to accept their solution.  Gun control doesn't work in New York or Chicago?....tut, tut, tut, do not bring facts and logic into our discussion.

Thus, I have scoured the interwebs for a balanced view. Frankly, because I am to lazy to write it myself. Well, that and the fact that there are more competent folks out there to take pen in hand and espouse a view I can concur on. I know, I do the work, you get the results.  Call me generous.

One of the best is here.  Larry Correia. I know, it is a lengthy article.  I'll pull some excerpts for flavor here.  However, you owe it to your self to read the whole thing. Then pass it on. Yeah, it is that good.

Read the first few paragraphs. Credentials will impress you. 

A little background for those of you who don’t know me, and this is going to be extensive so feel free to skip the next few paragraphs, but I need to establish the fact that I know what I am talking with, because I am sick and tired of my opinion having the same weight as a person who learned everything they know about guns and violence from watching TV.

He knows what he is talking about.  Lays out the facts and his opinion in a no holds barred language.  So what's he say?  Well.....

Arm Teachers?

The average number of people shot in a mass shooting event when the shooter is stopped by law enforcement: 14. The average number of people shot in a mass shooting event when the shooter is stopped by civilians: 2.5. The reason is simple. The armed civilians are there when it started.

The teachers are there already. The school staff is there already. Their reaction time is measured in seconds, not minutes. They can serve as your immediate violent response. Best case scenario, they engage and stop the attacker, or it bursts his fantasy bubble and he commits suicide. Worst case scenario, the armed staff provides a distraction, and while he’s concentrating on killing them, he’s not killing more children.

Gun Free Zones?

Gun Free Zones are hunting preserves for innocent people. Period.

There were four mass killing attempts this week. Only one made the news because it helped the agreed upon media narrative.
  1. Oregon. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter confronted by permit holder. Shooter commits suicide. Only a few casualties.
  2. Texas. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter killed immediately by off duty cop. Only a few casualties.
  3. Connecticut. GUN FREE ZONE. Shooters kills until the police arrive. Suicide. 26 dead.
  4. China. GUN FREE COUNTRY. A guy with a KNIFE stabs 22 children.
And here is the nail in the coffin for Gun Free Zones. Over the last fifty years, with only one single exception (Gabby Giffords), every single mass shooting event with more than four casualties has taken place in a place where guns were supposedly not allowed.

Gun Control?

I do find one thing highly amusing. In my personal experience, some of the most vehement anti-gun people I’ve ever associated with will usually eventually admit after getting to know me, that if something bad happened, then they really hope I’m around, because I’m one of the good ones. Usually they never realize just how hypocritical and naïve that is.

Say "Hello" to my neighbors.  If I had a nickel for every time I have heard this, well, I would have a lot of nickels. 

Ban Guns?

Then you’ve got countries like Norway, with extremely strict gun control. Their gun control laws are simply incomprehensible to half of Americans. Not only that, they are an ethnically and socially homogenous, tiny population, well off country, without our gang violence or drug problems. Their gun control laws are draconian by our standards. They make Chicago look like Boise. Surely that level of gun control will stop school shootings! Except of course for 2011 when a maniac killed 77 and injured 242 people, a body count which is absurdly high compared to anything which has happened America.

Because once again, repeat it with me, criminals simply do not give a crap.

Go. Now. Read the whole thing. 

Print it out and leave it around your home for a few days. 

Knowledge is power. Get some. 




No comments: