Monday, February 24, 2014

Wha what?! 

Sporterizing the Mosin-Nagant M44 

Article caught my eye.  This weapon has been garnering a larger degree of curiosity of late.  I see them in Big 5 when I go to pick up another 12 Lacrosse balls for the chillern.  $170.00 for a weapon that Ivan, Vasily, and their friends used to defend the Motherland back in the day.  I am talking about theMosin Nagant M44, of course. 

The article addressess the prospects of "sporterizing" the venerable rifle.  In layman's terms that means bringing it in to this century with some upgrades. 

As some of you may recall, I shot one of these flame throwers during the annual romp in Yuma last fall.  Very impressive weapon to shoulder. Heavy recoil and some unmistakebale flameage when you pull the trigger.  Accurate though. 

I must say with some opf these upgrades it may have a corner in my gun safe. Check out the article and be sure to look at the comments.  The knuckle draggers are out in force....  



No comments: