Monday, March 12, 2012

Should I? 

So, Sandra Fluke notwithstanding, I get asked this questions on occasion....Should I go to law school? 

Why I am asked, I do not know.  Here's the deal....many years ago (1978?) I was working at an FBO in Pontiac, Michigan. Assistant to the Somebody in Charge or some thing like that.  Late one night the question was posited by someone who at the time was a bit of a mentor. So Rumbear, whats your plan?  Uh, I dunno, I figure pilot, airlines etc. or failing that, law school. The response was something to the effect, Pilot?!!! (3 !) sheesh, pilots are a dime a dozen, go to law school. Well, there was a problem, fees, fines etc.... those pesky things that were keeping me from re-enrolling. In an instant a blank check was drawn, signed, and tendered, with the proviso that I go to law school. So it was.


Some thought process eh?  Here is a link to a article that provides a little more insight into the modern method of weighing ones options. 


As to the mentor....thanks Larry. Although, I will point out that now, some 34 years later, lawyers are a dime a dozen.  

Just saying.....

(There is also this.)