Sunday, May 29, 2011


Indy 500 RACE DAY!

100 years of Indy. The Brickyard. My connection to the race is born of my father. Memories of working in the yard or the shop with the Indy race on the radio and smells of BBQ. (Yes radio.) Jimmy Clark, Parnelli Jones, A.J. Foyt, Turbine cars, ball bearings, Al Unser, Bobby Unser, Rutherford, Gasoline Alley, Rick Mears, Penske, Carburetion Day, Andretti, who is on the pole?, MILK!, Little Al Unser, Fittipaldi, Kanaan, Janet Guthrie, Danica, Back Home Again in Indiana, Firestone, Jim Nabors, Bump Day, Danny Sullivan, Castroneves, Goodyear, Franchitti, Bobby Rahal, Consani Racing. I grew up and actually went to the race a couple times with Gator. More memories. Kentucky golfing, motorhomes, campfires, museum, the infield, lap 3...getting word I passed the bar, rum prn.

Who will win this year?! I don't know....but I will be watching.
Count on it.

No comments: