Thursday, June 24, 2010

Acidman.....

A wild eyed southern boy blogging from Georgia.  I first wrote about Rob Smith back here. 


It was a year ago today that I learned of the passing of Rob Smith aka “Acidman”. I began reading his blog “Gut Rumbles” three years prior. Rob was a great writer that was able to skewer his points home with a flare that was all his own. Some say he was gruff and crude. To me he was a diamond, in the rough. A “Tall Dog” indeed. I posted a few comments on his blog and we exchanged an e-mail or two........


A Blogfaddah of sorts.  So four years and 1900 plus posts later...here I am. Yeah, I still have his letters.  I wonder how his son Quentin is doing.  His daughter keeps the site active. Stop by and let yourself be offended....and look for the diamonds.


Now if you will excuse me I'm gonna listen to a little John Prine...."Souvenirs"




Memories, they can't be bought and
They can't be won in carnivals for free
It took me years, to get these souvenirs
And I don't know how they slipped away from me...

"Souvenirs," by John Prine & Steve Goodman

Miss ya Rob....  R.I.P.

No comments: