Saturday, April 25, 2009

Know Your Bible.

Charla Muller was reading Galatians 5.22-23 in her Bible study group when she decided what she was going to get her husband, Brad, for his 40th birthday. Perhaps disappointingly for him, it wasn't an iTunes voucher. Instead, she was going to give him the gift of sex for 365 nights.

As you know, Galatians 5.22-23 reads: "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." What's that got to do with a scheduled sex marathon? "From that, I realised I needed to bring something to bear on our relationship to make it fruitful. We had been married for eight years and I wanted to reconnect with Brad, and give him a gift he would never forget."

My birthday is in October...I'm just saying.

No comments: