Saturday, April 25, 2009

God Bless Her

It's been a rough go over the past many months for Ann. The most recent loss is her mother. God Bless them all.


A lot of people claim to be my No. 1 fan -- God bless them -- but my true No. 1 fan left this world last week. My mother quietly stopped breathing last Tuesday, as she slept peacefully, holding my hand. She was the biggest fan of all of us -- Father, me and my brothers John and Jim.

Continuing....

And I'll never see my mother's beautiful face again, at least not for the next several decades here on Earth. I've been looking at her across the room in doctors' offices over the past few years, thinking to myself: There will come a point when you won't see that face again.

For once, I beg to differ. Close your eyes Ann....she's there. I am just shy of a couple decades in to the scenario and mine is with me, today. Hold tight to the memory and I pray you have the same.

Soft and safe to thee.

No comments: