Friday, April 06, 2007


GlowBall Warming,
Part 11990...

Here's an interesting link to a well worded synopsis that the enlightened readers hereof may find of interest. A brief tease for your perusal...

My interest in science doesn’t mean I’m an expert in climate science, so I have to rely on the evidence and arguments of others before I can draw any informed conclusions. I do believe that our technological capabilities will be a big factor in the solution, as I mentioned in this energy article—but before we can commit to a solution path, it would be a big help to know why the globe is warming, wouldn’t it?

A large number of people already have their minds made up; not only are they convinced they know “why,” but they also know “what we should do about it”: we humans are causing it, and the solution is centrally planned and enforced controls on the human activity and technologies that cause it. That message is getting such wide coverage, I wouldn’t be surprised if a majority of the general public agreed with it.

But if there is a majority, it doesn’t include me yet. Reason: I’m not so sure the “Why” question is settled. In fact, in the mainstream media, I think I’m detecting something Thomas Jefferson warned about:

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory.


Go over to the Skeptical Optimist and read the whole thing. Surely common sense can prevail over the Wingnuts like ...... The Goreacle.

No comments: