Monday, April 22, 2013

Sadness....

I have been a Scouter for over 15 years.  The Scouting Trail has led me on some wonderful adventures with folks from all walks of life. The Scouting family is large and diverse. As the Cubmaster of Pack 546 and later as Scoutmaster of Troop 500, I had the privilege of working, training, and sharing the trail with Richard Glover.  He led treks when my boys were active. I led treks with his sons. Mataguay, Emerald Bay, Colorado River Trek, & Palm Canyon to name a few. Richards energy, love of life and scouting allowed him to pass on the traits of leadership to many scouts.

Today, I learned he passed away.....

I am stunned, to say the least. Richard was younger than I and was gearing up for the Philmont Trek later this summer.  He leaves two young men and a loving wife. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Rest easy my friend.

Yours in Scouting.....


No comments: