1. Sarah Louise Palin (nee Heath) was born Feb., 1964, in Sandpoint, Idaho. Her family moved to Alaska when Sarah was an infant. Her father, Chuck, is a retired schoolteacher.
2. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was “Sarah Barracuda.”
3. Palin graduated in 1987 from the University of Idaho with a degree in journalism. She worked briefly as a sports reporter in Anchorage.
4. She refers to her husband, Todd, as the “First Dude.” He’s worked as a commercial fisherman and as a production operator on the North Slope for BP. He enjoys snowmobiling and has won the Tesoro Iron Dog, billed as the world’s longest snowmobile race, four times.
5. Palin and her husband have five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. Trig, born in 2008, has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Her son Track joined the army in 2007.
6. Her favorite meal is moose stew.
7. She comes from a family of outdoor enthusiasts. Her parents, Chuck and Sally Heath, enjoy hunting and fishing, and have both completed marathons.
8. Palin was named Miss Wasilla in 1984 and was a runner-up for Miss Alaska. In 1996 she was elected mayor of Wasilla.
9. She’s a lifetime NRA member and enjoys hunting, fishing, and snowmobiling.
10. Elected in 2006, she’s Alaska’s first female governor and the youngest governor elected in the state.
I miss Bill. Not hearing much about BJ Bill but it's not for his lack of trying. The latest uproar is over his comments upon landing in Denver for the clown fest.
The former president, speaking in Denver, posed a hypothetical question in which he seemed to suggest that that the Democratic Party was making a mistake in choosing Obama as its presidential nominee.
He said: "Suppose you're a voter, and you've got candidate X and candidate Y. Candidate X agrees with you on everything, but you don't think that candidate can deliver on anything at all. Candidate Y you agree with on about half the issues, but he can deliver. Which candidate are you going to vote for?"
Then, perhaps mindful of how his off-the-cuff remarks might be taken, Clinton added after a pause: "This has nothing to do with what's going on now."
OUCH! Clearly ObamaramaDingDong is missing Bill too...kinda like the divorcee who misses her ex-husband advised, just keep shooting.
A lot of folks can’t understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.
Well, there’s a very simple answer. Nobody bothered to check the oil. We just didn’t know we were getting low. The reason for that is purely geographical. Our OIL is located in Alaska, California, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
MONTGOMERY - Alabama Governor Bob Riley urged his citizens to remain calm on Tuesday, one day after Wal-Mart stores across the state reported a run on ammunition stocks. Pistol and rifle cartridges were out of stock in stores everywhere, although birdshot could still be had in Auburn, Birmingham and here in the capital.
Interviewed in the street, one grim faced citizen told this reporter that while the Russians may have steamrollered through Georgia, “They sure as hell ain’t doing it to Alabama.”
That every four year train wreck of an event called the Democratic Convention gets underway today. The usual crowd of thieves, whores, and reprobates is gathering in Denver for a week of genuflecting to the anointed one Obamarama Ding Dong and his new side kick Joe O'Biden.
Secret prisons to hide the arrested protesters, a ban on the enforcement of smoking weed in public man, tips to the delegates on how to dring adult beverages at altitude ...... Denver's got it all!
The Pepsi Center is all decked out and there is list of "dignitaries" scheduled to talk down to the attendees that reads like the Monday morning booking sheet from the DC jail. Michele OBama, Jimmy Carter, Nancy Peelosi, John "I Served in Viet Nam" Kerry and Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy.....Oh Boy!
Kennedy, that tumor on the politics of America for oh so many years, is suffering from, oddly enough a malignant tumor, brain cancer. Yet, he will prop himself up and address his fellow liberals in an attempt to provide "unity" to the party. So brave of the old reprobate. As always, Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment.
They didn't even vet her for the Vice President post. 18 million votes in how many primaries and not even a look. Instead they go with Biden who finished his Presidential run with the same level of support as Stephen Colbert.