Saturday, April 14, 2012

Range Time 

Blustery day here in Sandy Eggo.  Headed out to check on an outdoor range I had heard about.  South Bay Rod & Gun Club.  Directions were easy...head for the boondocks and turn right.  Found myself south of Dulzura in a canyon about 2 clicks north of the Internationale border. 

Nice facility with multiple ranges.  Limited use today as it was hailing/raining/blowing.  Met some engaging Range Safety Officers who answered all questions with a smile.  I had picked up some steel case ammo and wanted to see how the AR digested it.  I also had some hot loads in 357 Magnum that I had worked up.  50, 100, 200 and 300 yards rifle range.  My olde eyes have trouble seeing 300 yards, yet alone hitting a target.  Then again, shooting 50 yards with a 2 1/4 inch barrel is, well....above my pay grade.



The AR ate up the steel case ammo (i.e. cheap stuff).  This makes plinking with the Rumbear Youth a little more affordable.  The magnum loads, went well. I hit the target. One blew out a casing, so apparently some dialing back is in order. Then again, maybe a hotter primer. We'll see.


Nice range. I see a membership in my future.