Wednesday, January 19, 2011


Hmmmmm....

I was over at Neptunus Lex and he had a post wherein the phrase "Gramscian" march was used. After reading it again a light bulb went on in my bear head. Who refers to Gramsci in a post? I had not heard a reference to that old commie (he always liked to fancy himself a "neo-Marxist") in a while. So, I went a looking and found this post from, as we old bears say, "way back when"

An e-mail from a fellow traveler friend of mine started the gears turning in the olde Rumbear brain. Concepts from college long ago squirreled away into the the part of my brain brain labelled "I don't need this crap"

Nicos Poulantzas

Cultural Hegemony

and a real blast from the past.....Antonio Gramsci.

Now, I am confident the dear readers followed the links at the time and learned all about the Italian commie and his preachings. Yet, here we are today with president Zero in office hosting the ChiComs with dinner and a movie. How did we get here? (Ed Note: What ever happened to Taiwan? Does it still exist?) The final sentence in that post brought it home then and still works today....

Draw your own parallels on the politics of today and what you read. Throw in a little overlay of the Cloward-Piven Strategy and send us a note.

You should do that. It will help you understand what is occurring today.

No comments: