Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tin Pot Dictator Meets Tin Pot president ....

Okay, I hear ya. The olde Rumbear has received several e-mails from you all looking for a comment on the southern swing of the Obama Apology Tour 2009. I have stayed off of the topic as there are ample articles out there about our failed president. Frankly the One is moving in so many directions so fast it is hard to keep up, which, I surmise, is his plan. Chaos works that way. Wo to the Republican that will have to sort out this mess in 4 years. But I digress...

The One meets the Littlest Dictator.... shakes a hand, gets a book and accomplishes what? Well, here's one take from the Wall Street Journal Online that I concur with

In New York this week, I asked a former Eastern European dissident who spent time in prison under the Communists: "If you were sitting in a cell in Cuba, Iran or Syria and saw this photo of a smiling American president shaking hands with a smiling Hugo Chávez, what would you think?"
He said: "I would think that I was losing ground."
The hopeful way to view the Obama administration's openings to Chávez, the Castros, Iran and the others would be: This had better work. Because if it doesn't, a lot of people who've spent years working in opposition to these regimes -- in hiding or in prison in Iran, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, China, Russia, Burma, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan -- are going to get hammered. North Korea's opposition is invisible.

Commie bastards. Nice tie though. (See, I kept it positive!)

No comments: