Wednesday, September 10, 2008

and she's a Red Wing Fan!

A Clay Township woman presented Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with a Red Wings jersey during a presidential campaign rally last week at Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights.

Kim Francisco said she is a lifelong Democrat and and former union official. She wore a "Hillary for President" hat to the rally on Friday.

"Why she connects with me is, you feel like she could be your next-door neighbor," said Francisco.

"My husband (David) hit it on the nose last night," she said. "He said, 'She’s the only one like us since Bill Clinton.'

"Francisco said the jersey was one of only four left at the Dick's Sporting Goods store at 23 Mile Road and Interstate 94 in Chesterfield Township.

She bought one for herself and one on the off chance that she might be able to give it to Palin, Sen. John McCain's choice for vice president on the GOP presidential ticket.

She showed it, and the place went absolutely nuts," said Francisco.

"She kept thanking me and thanking me … I said, 'Thank you for for what you and your family are going through and are going to have to go through during this election.'"
Well, blow me down.

No comments: