Sunday, March 09, 2008

I don't know....

Idon't know...

I don't know where I am gonna go when de Volcano blows!

The lava is coming down soft and hot out on de Big Island. The flow from Pu'u Oo has made its way once again through the Royal Hawaiian Gardens neighborhood and has arrived at the sea.

The Pu'u Oo flow is rapidly coating a bench extending off the coast, and is blasting steam into the air as it touches the seawater. It is reported that there is a good chance a second finger of lava will continue downslope and by Saturday also will reach the ocean.

Seeing lava flowing is something that should be on your things to do before I die list. Hard to describe the feeling as you stand next to 1000 degree red lava creating new land before you. So get your Visa card out and head for the Big Island!

When you are in Kona...be sure and say hello to my olde pal Bob!




No comments: