Thursday, June 28, 2007

SHOW ME!

Show me, El Presidente Bush. Prove to me you were sincere in your promise to protect the borders. All through the debate on this Shamnesty Bill you said enforcement was a priority. So, you talked the talk, how's about you walk the walk. Use the laws on the books, continue your "raids" on selected workplaces. Then come back to me with a bill I can believe in.

Alas, you won't. All hat and no saddle, as they say in your neck of the woods. We both know the raids were timed to give the voters the perception you were being tough. Now that the bill is dead, they will stop. We both know your cries for $4.2 Billion dollars in border security, INCLUDING a shiny new fence, was boob bait to convince us bubbas that you wanted what we wanted. Now that the bill is dead, I doubt we will see a fence. (Even though it is already funded).

It was a sham. Shamnesty. Adios amigos.....

No comments: