That's right, the folks who cannot run a simple car rebate program that involves simply giving money away are bringing health care to a clinic near you. Rep. John Conyers can't be bothered to read the bill because its about a 1000 pages long and he would not understand it anyway. (his words, not mine).
Kiss Grandma and Grandpa good bye.
Here ya go.......
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services. (Again, your taxes paying for non-citizens)
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard. *
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans20(read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)* (This means that Union Retirees and Community Organizer Health Plans will be exempt from this healthcare benefits plan, just like Congress, and the American taxpayer pays for it.)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens* *
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for pr ice-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages*.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives. *
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesn’t' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records._*
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected*.
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies*!
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without gov ernment approval.
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.
Study this chart. It says a lot. Look at both ends. On the left the top 1% of wage earners pay 40% of the taxes. On the right, the bottom 50% pay 3.1 % of all taxes. Still think the rich don't pay their fair share??
“This is a president who needs a vacation,” says Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart, who conducted the survey with Republican pollster Bill McInturff. “His job rating is … certainly an acceptable mark. But if you look at it over time, it has [gone] south without a doubt.”
Good Googleymooglies. I guess flying around the world getting dissed in foreign lands while apologizing for every presumed slight in American history is hard work. Particularly for a guy who has never really had a job.
Mr. Hart, the American people need a vacation from president Zero. You sir, have been corrected.
Well now the gubbermint is going to decide who is overweight and who gets health care. Gosh, why not because, gee, gubbermint does everything so well. Splendid.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government plans to increase funding to battle obesity and views healthcare reform as an opportunity to encourage better eating habits, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said on Tuesday. The Obama administration, as part of its economic stimulus package, will give states and local governments more money to control obesity, including investing in public transportation, Sebelius told an obesity conference in Washington.
Of course our gubbermint is doing it "just to help us". I seem to remember some guy from the not to distant past that set about creating the perfect human population. Can't think of his name....had a large mindless group of followers, did not like contarary opinions, funny little mustache........what was his name?????
I grew up in a GM household. My daddy worked for GM all his life. We were a GM family plain and simple.
Then president Zero came along. Now, I'm a FORD guy. Apparently, I am not alone.
Public opposition to the auto bailouts may translating into consumer buying decisions, with 46% of Americans now saying they are more likely to buy a car from Ford because it did not take government money to stay in business.
Of course, presdient Zero will not let that be. You know he will work to give an advantage to Government Motors. He has to, he owns it. Again, I am not alone.....
Most Americans (53%) continue to believe that it is at least somewhat likely that the government, now that it has substantial ownership stakes in GM and Chrysler, will pass laws and regulations giving those two automakers an unfair advantage over Ford. Thirty percent (30%) say it’s very likely.
Yup, president Zero tells us it's working. Here's the proof... be amazed.
PORTLAND, Ore. — How much are politicians straining to convince people that the government is stimulating the economy? In Oregon, where lawmakers are spending $176 million to supplement the federal stimulus, Democrats are taking credit for a remarkable feat: creating 3,236 new jobs in the program's first three months.
But those jobs lasted on average only 35 hours, or about one work week. After that, those workers were effectively back unemployed, according to an Associated Press analysis of state spending and hiring data. By the state's accounting, a job is a job, whether it lasts three hours, three days, three months, or a lifetime.
35 hours....a French workweek.......don't blink or you might miss your stimulus.
Look, there’s a real problem in America with racial profiling. Which is not much ameliorated by the fact that there are valid correlations between race/class and violent crime. Which has very little to do with a tenured Harvard professor in Cambridge playing the race card to mask the fact that he’s basically being a prick.
So while the matter could have been handled at the local level that option disappeared when that giant of metal thought president Zero weighed in. Think about that....the PRESIDENT of the USA weighing in on the arrest of a racist little SOB. Amazing...simply amazing. Yet here we are.
Iowahawk has weighed in and as usual has things in perspective...kind of..
When I first learned of the arrest of my colleague Professor Henry Louis "Skip" Gates after he stood up to the fascist jackboots of a declasse, ill-educated Cambridge police officer, I was of course angered -- but scarcely shocked. L'Affaire Gates simply aired, in public, the dirty 100-thread-count table linen of an American culture where Harvard faculty assholes still face a daily struggle against profiling, abuse, and insolence.
It will come as no surprise that Skip's arrest was the talk of the Douchebag Room at the Harvard Faculty Club last Friday. I and a group of colleagues had assembled for our weekly lunch; I opted for their competently-prepared Ahi Tuna Tartare and an amusing glass of '05 Hospices de Beaune Premier Cru Cuvee Cyrot-Chaudron. I had noticed that the Franz Fanon Memorial Booth -- Skip's long-reserved lunch spot -- was uncharacteristically empty, and asked our waiter Sergio for an explanation.
"Professor Skeep, he no is come today," said Sergio. "I tink he is in the jail."
I was watching that House hunters show last night. Surfed in to one with a young couple in some almost third world European country looking for new digs. They were touring housing projects, you know the style, shoe boxes stacked 15 stories some with those little 12 inch psuedo balconies. So they are looking at these places and they are dumps by our standards. 800 square feet, old appliances peeling paint and some furnished furniture out of an Austin Powers movie. Around $60,000.00 grand in USA dollars. These two 30 ish kids are giddy with the prospect of moving up to one of these little gems. This is the bees knees to them.
All I could think of was this is what their expectations are. Under their system this is what is a step up for folks. System? Did I forget to mention that the gubbermint was the “owner”? The gubbermint would help them qualify for this little slice of the pie. You could almost here George Jefferson singing “Movin On Up” in the background.
So where are you going with this Rumbear? Well it struck me, this is where we are heading.
This is the plan. When the gubbermint controls every aspect of society it dictates what is “better”. It will tell/allow you to have the good stuff if you behave. You want a big house…sorry, we only give loans from gubbermint banks for this style home. Like that SUV? Gonna keep it no matter what? Well, it needs to be licensed and there is a carbon tax…go ahead enjoy that SUV! Pay here. Ready to play ball? Here’s your car credit for turning in that polluter in. Stand over here and we will get you a “new” GM car. When one is available. Seems those workers in Detroit don’t produce as fast as they used to. Wonder why?
We are six months in to president Zeros reign. The country is awash in trillions in debt when a mere 12 months ago George Bush running a billion behind was causing the Liberals to scream from the rafters. Companies are owned by the gubbermint, AIG, GM, Morgan Stanley (did you know the Chinese own a 9.9 % interest?). The Cap & Trade bill will require you to make your home “green”, whatever that means, in order to sell it. Can’t sell it, now the gubbermint is talking about taking over your loan and renting what used to be your house back to you. President Zero is backing the return of Zelaya to Honduras. He is on the side of Castro, Hugo Chavez and their commie friends. Zero the hero.
The American way of life is being destroyed. Your expectations are being shifted to a new paradigm where all you will hope for is some kind of fairness from the Gubbermint. Mediocrity will be the norm. The hand writing is on the wall. Still many cannot read it. Maybe they will when they move in to their new 800 square foot gubbermint home.
As president Zero hurtles us head long towards Cap and Trade to solve a problem that does not exist, I thought we should drop in to Consensusville and see what all those experts are saying.....
Faced with a "consensus" view which looks increasingly implausible, a fast-growing body of reputable scientists from many countries has been coming up with a ''counter-consensus'', which holds that their fellow scientists have been looking in wholly the wrong direction to explain what is happening to the world's climate. The two factors which most plausibly explain what temperatures are actually doing are fluctuations in the radiation of the sun and the related shifting of ocean currents.
Well, well, well. trouble in Consensusville....imagine that. Meanwhile, down in Australia, where the libtards also took over and began implementing consensus based GlowBall change, well, we have this....
..........a remarkable drama has been unfolding in Australia, where the new Labor government has belatedly joined the "consensus'' bandwagon by introducing a bill for an emissions-curbing "cap and trade'' scheme, which would devastate Australia's economy, it being 80 per cent dependent on coal. The bill still has to pass the Senate, which is so precisely divided that the decisive vote next month may be cast by an independent Senator, Stephen Fielding. So crucial is his vote that the climate change minister, Penny Wong, agreed to see him with his four advisers, all leading Australian scientists.
Fielding put to the minister three questions. How, since temperatures have been dropping, can CO2 be blamed for them rising? What, if CO2 was the cause of recent warming, was the cause of temperatures rising higher in the past? Why, since the official computer models have been proved wrong, should we rely on them for future projections?
The written answers produced by the minister's own scientific advisers proved so woolly and full of elementary errors that Fielding's team have now published a 50-page, fully-referenced "Due Diligence'' paper tearing them apart. In light of the inadequacy of the Government's reply, the Senator has announced that he will be voting against the bill.
The wider significance of this episode is that it is the first time a Western government has allowed itself to be drawn into debating the science behind the global warming scare with expert scientists representing the "counter consensus" – and the "consensus" lost hands down.
Those darn facts are proving to be the downfall of GlowBall Warming. I wonder what other programs we are hearing about that will not stand the light of day?
Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime! Yeah baby! Whaler is still afloat, Hockeydawg and I filled up the tank this morning and headed out to watch the sunrise. The kids got a new wake board and water is a calling. Let them kiddies play! Y'all have a GREAT weekend!
I mean you knew that the New Deal was the last time the socialist/commie sphere of influence tried to take over right?
Today on Uncommon Knowledge, economist Thomas Sowell, author of The Housing Boom and Bust. Sowell explains why New Deal economics flopped eight decades ago and will fail again today.
PETER ROBINSON: What is it about the New Deal that permits people to cite it as a model with a straight face eight decades after it was enacted?
THOMAS SOWELL: Because of the widespread belief that it was the New Deal which saved the country and got us out of the depression. What actually got us out of the depression was the Second World War, and it did so by ending the New Deal. (more? CLICK)
It did not work then and it will not work now. President Zero will fail. So, where do you think the war will be that will save of from these pograms this time?
July 4th Weekend! Found a few fireworks in the Rumbear ammo box...shhhhh! Lot's of fun at SDYC. Hot dogs on the grill, the Whaler's splashing at noon, cut throat bingo at 3:00 and Boat Drinks for all........ have a safe and happy 4th!!!